Craniosacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle and powerful form of bodywork that engages and supports the client’s healing from within. The craniosacral system is made up of the fluid, membranes, connective tissue and bones that surround the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system). The central nervous system is responsible for the most vital systems and functions of the body; musculoskeletal, motor, sensory, visceral, neurological, mental, and emotional.
CST works with a subtle motion/movement within the craniosacral system that can be felt throughout the body. tress, trauma, repetitive movement, posture and injury that happen in our lives can overwhelm and suppress the healthy movement within the craniosacral system, creating various health problems. CST uses sensitive touch to support the body’s natural impulses of releasing restrictions and integrating towards deeper health.
CST helps cultivate resilience, vitality, whole body relaxation and connection.
Craniosacral Therapy is specifically helpful with:
- Headaches, migraines, jaw tension, TMJD, tinnitus, earaches, eye problems, head/brain injuries, sinusitis, and dental problems/procedures
- Back tension and pain (chronic or acute), disc problems, alignment, spinal injuries, and whiplash
- Stress related conditions such as: insomnia, depression, anxiety, chronic pain and fatigue, poor digestion, and heart problems
- Motor, sensory, or neurological problems, sciatica, TOS, and CTS
- Trauma, PTSD, surgeries, car accidents, falls, and emotional difficulties
- Mothers throughout pregnancy, birth, postpartum, hormonal changes, pelvic or structural changes
- Infants and children with normal developmental changes, birth complications, colic, autism, ADD, or any of the above conditions